Working from home sounds like a dream, until the dog throws up on the floor! Many things can keep us from being productive while not at the office. Noisy kids, social media, laundry needs folding, etc. We have compiled a list of some things to help keep you on track while working from home.
- Set up and keep regular hours. Most people who work from home find they work too much rather than too little. Have a regular start time and a definite time to quit.
- Plan and structure your workday to maximize your efficiency. Work at your most productive time. Pretend you ARE going in to the office.
- Dress to impress (even if its just your pet)! Keep your mindset on normal work routines.
- Set aside a designated work area. Again, this keeps you focused on your usual “normal” tasks.
- Take breaks. Stand up and clear your head. Stretch. Grab a water or coffee. Move around.
- Avoid distractions. Don’t worry about checking FACEBOOK. Shut the door to your work area, if you can, and do what needs to be done.